Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Hope that never fails

October 6, 2009 –
Today a couple of things happened that were two of those moments took place that were HMMM moments. I work for the state of California. Good bad or indifferent. The organization l work for has need of several people like myself to perform a service. The problem is that now there isn’t enough money for all of us to continue. So layoffs have taken place. One of the men I work with has been laid off. My friend has become my new brother in Christ. Heavy in heart since the news of his layoff. Prayer has been a daily routine on behalf of my new brother for a new job. I believing that my Father hears prayers and will always carry out his purposes. He will use adverse situations to carry out those purposes in our lives. My brother has been standing in his newly found faith for God’s provision, he is just getting to know his how to get involved with his new relationship with His Heavenly Father. Two ideas have come across his way. Things never thought of by him or anyone else. The first: a contractor that works in our area has told him if he can he will put him to work, and he has been talking to all of his friends asking for help putting my brother to work. The second: someone in the office area where we work, gave him an opportunity via a friend she has for an apartment complex maintenance position. Both are now considering my brother for employment. My brother and friend has a new hope and stronger belief that anything is possible with his God. Neither of these positions has been solidified but my friend has seen how his new family has come together to pray for him and offer ideas and help where possible. The best thing is that everyone who has offered prayer and ideas for him, do not attend church together. But share the same relationship with Jesus. One of these in the same Christ Family, gave an astounding reference, is a new Christian himself. God is on the throne and is always at work in every situation of life on our behalf to carry out his purposes. Call to him in everything, realize he is a creative God and can bring things to pass from things never expected or seen before. Look for him; and expect great things from him. Give your hearts to him. He wants a close tender relationship with us. Romans 8:32 tells us “if he gave up his son will he not along with him give us all things?” The next thing of the day is this: I have a friend who has some physical challenges. He has more than one disability he is dealing with, more than one issue; he is dealing with the struggle of losing of a portion of his fixed income as well. He has a lot things staked against him. A couple of other brothers and sisters in Christ have been working on a solution for him over the past few days. When I got home from work I made a few calls regarding his current status. This is when I found out he left his apartment before eviction took place. So now he is homeless, to add to his strenuous way of life. I am in the process of learning how my friend can get help with his many issues he deals with daily. Heavy in heart, I called another friend who has been struggling with a different set of issues, who is being pressed due to choices he is making. A Christian man, but never the less full of struggles. I asked him about organizations that would be likely to help out some one in the situation my first friend is facing. He began to sound off different organizations that have been willing to help out some of his friends as well as himself in times past. All of the sudden new hope was stirred up in me. New energy ignited about my homeless friend’s situation with new possibilities. New life had spawned because The Father of lights peered down into life and touched hearts and grace hope to a hopeless feeling situation. The thought came to me in mid conversation – hey I have found someone who knows how to deal with my homeless friend’s situation and has a passion for doing so. I asked this friend if he would be willing to help out. Full of excitement, a resounding yes came through the receiver of the phone! I think we are on our way to help out this homeless brother and friend and only the lord knows who else. Now that is what I am talking about! A creative God doing creative things to touch earth with his heart. On behalf of those who call on his name when in great distress. He hears us call to him. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 Stay tuned for updates.The family of God working together solutions to difficult situations.

No comments: