Saturday, November 7, 2009

Insights from the weekend

September 28, 2009
Saturday was a great day!Spent the day with my favorite person. Janice. The day started out at the Sacramento Dream Center. Helping out an organization with feeding and clothing those less fortunate than we are. The blessing of helping, spending time and talking with folks that need friends and a leg up. Daryl and his son Jay were two of the new friends I met. Daryl is a guy that loves God and has been unplugged because of unfortunate circumstances. He and his son on their way to Reno NV. from Kentucky found themselves in Sacramento about three weeks ago. Daryl or “D” as he invited me to call him, is a remarkable artist. He loves to create his art out of dryer lint… yes lint. We talked for a while and got to know each other. Laughing and praying. Learning about what we would like to see happen with tomorrow. “D” told me he was thankful for today, for his son being with him. “D,” thankful for a place to sleep and a meal. ”D” told me tomorrow would have all he needed, provided by his Heavenly Father. “D” was optimistic about his tomorrow and his hope was not dashed on the rocks by his current circumstances.D taught me that God is in control even if it looks or feels like he is not. He also showed me that “The good man brings good things out of the good stored in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. Because a man speaks out of the fullness of what is in his heart. D could have been angry about his life situation. He told me he had lost his home. He is separated from his oldest son, who he misses terribly, going to college in Kentucky. He is living with his ex-wife. ”D” had some of his art work taken; he has no place to work or create. The reality as I see it, “D” has his eyes set on the things hoped for and the is secure in the things not yet seen.I hope I don’t see D when I go back to help my friends at the Dream Center. I hope his prayers are answered and he is well on his way to becoming a great artist. I hope I soon find myself in an art museum and see the amazing historical art characters fashioned creatively from dryer lint. Or find myself reading about the newest craze of dryer lint art created by the artist only known as “D”D and his son Jay are in my daily prayers and I now have a new sense of what it means to walk by faith not by sight.Thank you D you’re a man o Faith and an inspiration.

No comments: