Thursday, November 12, 2009

How should Iron Sharpen Iron> How should a man sharpen the countenance of his friend?

Jonathan saw something in David that caused him to Love him as he loved himself. Making a covenant with David. Striking a mutual loyalty between the two. Jonathan initiated the covenant. Making David his equal when he gave David his robe. Jonathan saw something in David that David didn’t see. He saw leadership. He saw love, strength. He saw God’s likeness in a man who would lead Israel to greatness.
Jonathan gave David his sword; his bow and his belt. Jonathan was drawing out David’s potential. That God had already put into David. Jonathan was being used to developing what David would become. He believed in David, he hoped for David. The greatness was designed by God, but God used “one closer than a brother to develop the leadership traits in David. As iron sharpens iron we should sharpen those God has put into our lives. It is never to destroy. It is to hone. To make each other the best in each other. To help each other develop the God given gifts we all have but may not recognize. The edge is already existing the sharpening is not negative. It is the harder steel that will sharpen the weaker or undeveloped. We are all one body but many members. If one is weak or under developed than we are all weak and under developed.

Proverbs 27:17 Creed

• I believe it is a worthy task to love my brothers as I love myself.
• To consider him as more important to me than I am.
• I believe that it is my responsibility to help my brother when he falls.
• To restore him in love to his greatest potential in his living relationship with Jesus Christ.
• It is my responsibility to build him up.
• I am to encourage him.
• I am to pray for him.
• I am to hold him accountable and be held accountable by him.
• It is my responsibility to sing his praises.
• I am to believe in him.
• I am to draw out the gifts God has place in him.
• I am to help him develop into the full potential that God sees in him.

No comments: